The body corporate property insurance covers the common property of the building. This includes the roof, the exterior walls, plumbing and electrical services up to the individual units meter box. Policies can vary as to internal fixtures but generally items such as fixed shower screens are covered.

Most policies include an excess which may make small claims unviable. Generally, where an individual makes a claim on the body corporate policy the excess is to be paid by the individual making the claim.

Unit owners must insure their own property contents. The public liability insurance for the body corporate does not cover inside private units.

How Can We Help You?

Call us on 07 3435 5300 and one of our friendly consultants will help